HIGHLY addictive! But oh, so good!
1 cup butter
1 3/4 cup flour
2/3 cup icing sugar (plus more for dusting)
1 1/2 cup plain sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease and flour a 9 X 13 pan
To make crust:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and icing sugar
- Cut in butter until combined and crumbly.
- Press mixture into bottom of pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
To make topping:
- While crust is baking, prepare topping.
- In a larger bowl, add sugar, flour, and baking powder.
- Then add slightly beaten eggs and lemon juice.
- Mix well and pour on top of warm baked crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- When cool, dust with icing sugar and refrigerate.
- Cut into bars and enjoy them cold!